Life is indeed stressful, with works needed to be done,projects and thesis deadlines in school etc etc. Are you coping well? How do you react well to these stressors? I was looking for a "Psych Exam" samples, I stumble to this page where a test yourself is given. I tried the Coping Skills test and I was surprised with the result. After finishing the test, the site provides a snapshot of the result, so here it is:
Good to know I'm still coping up with all the stressors in life. Well, stress is somehow important element in our lives, plus it plays an important role in our day to day survival. It's up to you on how well you react in response to high levels of stress in your life. But stress also have its negative effects on our physical and emotional health. So here are some good tips on how to deal on stress:
- Don't worry about things you can't control, such as the weather.
- Solve the little problems. This can help you gain a feeling of control.
- Prepare to the best of your ability for events you know may be stressful, such as a job interview.
- Try to look at change as a positive challenge, not as a threat.
- Work to resolve conflicts with other people.
- Talk with a trusted friend, family member or counselor.
- Set realistic goals at home and at work. Avoid overscheduling.
- Exercise on a regular basis.
- Eat regular, well-balanced meals and get enough sleep.
- Participate in something you don't find stressful, such as sports, social events or hobbies.