10 Movie Soundtracks

Here are some soundtracks that I love from movies. Yes, I pay attention to soundtracks, and there are other pretty songs out there too, but I just like these songs so much. 

Once in my Life (Stevie Wonder), Shrek 4 - I heard this one in an ending song from Shrek 4 movie. At first, I kinda like it cause it was upbeat, catchy & you can tell by the melody that it was a classic song, I didn't know who the artist at that time. But the more I listened to it, the lyric & meaning of the song is beautiful, makes you warm all over. The song is about finding that special person you've been looking & dreaming for your whole life. A person who gives you bundle of happiness & joy. I love it to be my wedding song.

Little Wonders (Rob Thomas), Meet the Robinsons - A song that tells you to move on. Everything that you've deal with the past or decisions made are over and gone. You have to live by the present moment. Our lives are made by small hours and little wonders.

Iris (Goo Goo Dolls), City of Angels - This song is so popular during my high school years that makes me annoyed how people like the song so much. I didn't even like the song back then since I cannot understand the meaning behind it. During my college years, a friend told me that it was a soundtrack of the movie City of Angels. I haven't seen the movie yet but that friend recommended me to watch it. After watching the movie which is so tragic by the way, I clearly understand the meaning then started to like the song. The song was about the perspective of Nicolas Cage's character in the movie. Cage was an angel; they help those humans who died transition to the afterlife. Unexpectedly, he falls to a human which is played by Meg Ryan. He was torn to choose between his love for Meg, or give up his immortality. It's a heavy decision though but he's willing to give up everything for Meg, sweet.

Somewhere only we know (Keane), He’s just not that Into You -  I like the movie cause Drew was there, I love her! I like the song because of the melody. At first, I thought it was kinda sad song, since I heard this line "this could be the end of everything." For me, the song is about a secret place whom you shared with a special someone, where you've had a lot of happy memories with that person.  How you would wish those happy memories would somehow be back to the way it used to be. You'll find strength as you remember those moments.

500 miles (The Proclaimers), Bridesmaids - Bridesmaids is one of my fave comedy movie ever!! But I love the song 500 miles more. The song is about a man being devoted to a woman, who would do anything just to spend the rest of his life with her. I love the meaning of that song, I even tried to make my man sing it for me LOL but he doesn't know the lyrics though haha! You will fall for this song, who wouldn't?

At the Beginning (Richard Marx and Donna Lewis), Anastasia - I know I've seen this movie but I just couldn't remember seeing it on DVD, will watch it again, if I have time. The song is really popular back then. I remembered one of my office-mate played the song & I like how the message of the song would reach your heart. The song is about finding your one true love. 

You got me (Colbie Caillat), Leap Year - I love this movie so much. Amy Adams is really adorable here and the guy is a real cutie. Ireland is one of those places I want to visit, magical and serene place. The song you got me was played at the end of the movie, where the guy proposed to Amy. The scene is super romantic & the view is stunning!!! The song is about a guy whose in-love with a girl, does everything to make her happy. The girl on the other hand can’t resist and can't get enough of the guy. The girl is looking forward to seeing him. Imagining life without him would be dull, crazy right? It's the best feeling you can't ignore, though.  

When you say nothing at all (Ronan Keating), Notting Hill - The song is like the proverb "action speaks louder than words", even if you don't say anything at all, everything reflects on your actions, you can't hide it from your special someone. 

Grow Old with You (Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore), The Wedding Singer - This is the most mainstream song ever, I've heard a lot of covers of this on YouTube. Who wouldn't love the song? You would do anything for the person you love, even if you can’t watch your favorite TV Show (WHAT?!). You can watch at Netflix.

Way Back into Love (Hugh Grant & Drew Barrymore), Music & Lyrics - The song is about moving on from a past relationship. Lonely and blue cause you’re still trap from the ghost of your past. Hopeful that you will find your way back into love but of course time can only tell. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feels like Home

5 Centimeters per Second

The Tailed Beast