When boredom strikes me I make sure that I have to run off and divert my attention to other things that would make me more productive. Some of my friend would ask me what I would do if the state of being bored hits me. Well, that’s not kinda hard. Haha! Anyway, I want to share my simple five ways to escape boredom.
1. Watch a movie. Yes, hehe, I frequently download movies that suits to my taste. I love watching films especially animation, romance, comedy and pretty much suspense with a matching twist and turn of the plot. I usually go to IMDB.com to check the movie ratings which is pretty much important in choosing a good movie to watch; of course you don’t want to waste your time on watching with a predictable plot.
2. Read Books online and offline. I have plenty of books in hand and there are amazing post in the web world which is actually helpful and inspiring. I usually read self-enhancement blogs, I subscribed to their blog so I won’t visit their blog all the time. If you subscribed to their blog you’ll receive all their post and updates straight to your inbox, that’s more convenient.
3. Blogging. Yay! Hehe, one of my favorite places online is my tumblr page. I can post whatever I like, whenever I want on that blog. That blog was actually my jpg blog; most of the posts were all images. I like manga, anime and taylor swift and quotes and random ideas that comes to my mind. I enjoy discovering new tumblr pages and anime images. I typically spend 2 hours just browsing and reblogging post haha! My blogspot blog is somehow more a serious type of blog hehe. Anyway, I love these two blogs of mine. This is my medium of craziness.
4. Videoke. Singing is one of my favorite hobbies. Haha! Though I know I don’t have the diva voice like Charice Pempengco at least I enjoy myself singing her songs haha! I record my voice sometimes through my phone, weeeee., It shows that I enjoy singing much. I’m not a good singer I just enjoy myself listening to my cute voice lol. My choice artists: Taylor Swift, Charice, Marie Digby and Adele. Band artists: Lady Antebellum and Paramore (not that much). I also sing Justin Bieber songs – wala lang likey ko lang yung songs hehe and OPM (Original Pinoy Music) of course.
5. Watching my favorite Ghibli films. I have my favorite movies of course; I keep them all on my Drive D. hehe. I am very much in-love and fascinated to Japanese animation especially Studio Ghibli films. These movies even though I’ve seen it more than 2 times, it never fade the excitement and delightful feeling that I have. I felt like a kid and a teenager. The feeling never gets old. I felt young and vibrant. If you have kids, I’m pretty much sure your kids will love it too. My favorites are Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, Grave of the fireflies, The Cat Returns, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, Whispher of the Heart, Princess Mononoke and Kiki’s delivery Service. You can download the movies online and make sure to choose the English language just to make sure your kids will enjoy it too. Some of the movie is in Japanese language but you don’t have to worry since it has an English subtitle.
There you have it folks, that’s my 5 ways to escape boredom. Since boredom is inevitable you have to make sure you have a leisure activity that would help you to break away from that feeling. Activities that somehow make you more productive on the other hand get pleasure from it. You just have to identify what are activities that you like and enjoy the most. We all have different ways to escape boredom, feel free to share on the comment box below.